I can't believe Isabella is already a year and a half. Time goes by so quickly, and I really am trying to soak up every precious minute that we spend together.
Last week we went in for Isabella's 18 month wellness check. I'm not going to lie: she cried through the whole thing! From being weighed all the way to leaving the office. Take her for no fool; she knows the drill by now. She weighed in at 21 lbs and 4 oz, keeping her in the 10% range. She is in the 40th for length and 60th for her head! We'll take it all! She also still has her tubes in, although the doctor did say that her left one is starting to come out. She got one shot and a super cool bandaid that only stayed on for about 2 minutes; it was off before we left the room! Hopefully we won't have to go back until her 2 year appointment in December.
Here are some precious pictures that Aunt Theresa took on Father's Day. It was perfect timing for her 18 months.
Isabella is a girl in every sense of the word. She loves to mimic mommy and still adores that baby doll of hers. Brandon has since named the doll Goldie. Not sure where it came from, but that seems to be her name now. Isabella loves to talk on the phone, whether she is actually talking, usually to Grammy, or pretend talking whenever the phone is in her reach.
She still loves holding and collecting little things, sticks and flowers being her favorite. Her hands down favorite thing to do it so play outside. She has become very social and loves spending time alone at Grammy and Papi's or Mimi and PawPaw's. She totally knows each of their houses and what special things she always does at each.
Isabella is still always on the go, constantly exploring and getting into everything. Her latest trick is to climb on the kitchen table. I swear I can turn my back for 2 seconds and she is ever so quietly sitting on the table, doing something she shouldn't be doing. She is also into Mommy's make up and drawers in the bathroom. She is quite the little tornado.
Isabella also has been giving away a lot of sugar, much to her daddy's dismay. She loves giving hugs and kisses- kisses with the added "mmmwww" vocalized at the end. I love watching her on the monitor at nap time and seeing her kiss her baby. It is so sweet :)
Isabella has also always been the kind of girl who knows what she wants and when she wants it and it is usually now. She is going through a phase (at least I hope it is) where she is pitching a lot of fits. But they are not traditional fits, they are very gentle, make sure I don't hurt myself,kind of fits. When I take something away from her or want her to do something she doesn't want to do, she very quickly sits down, and then slowly starts to lay down, putting her elbows down first before fully laying down to pitch her fit. It lasts as long as I stay in the room, which is usually about 2 seconds. Although I totally hate it, it is pretty funny at the same time. I usually get a quiet chuckle in when I leave the room.
And my sweet girl just gets prettier and prettier as time goes by. Her hair is getting longer and so are her eyelashes. She has the sweetest, fullest little lips and the roundest, rosiest little cheeks I have ever seen. I can't believe that I could make something so beautiful.
She is learning so much everyday. She is speaking more and more. Sometimes she will just repeat a word once and not say it again for a while, while other times, she will say the word over and over. Isabella probably says about 25 words or so regularly, even though I will admit that only I can understand a lot of them. We are communicating and that is the important thing. She is still fascinated with Lucky and Lulu, especially Lulu. Lulu is sweet back to her and lets her pet her until she is too rough. I caught Izzie trying to kiss Lu the other day :)
Oh how my sweet girl is growing up. We are settled in our new house and she has once again taken to it so well. She always surprises me in the best ways, and when I really need her too. I can tell she loves the new house and yard and already after almost 2 weeks she feels like it is home. I will post pictures of the house soon for all of you out of towners. Until then!


2 comments:
Oh I can believe that you two could make something so beautiful! She truely is in every way!Thank you for all those precious details! Congrats on the new house and we can't wait to see pics!
LOVE the post and those beautiful pictures of Izzie! You are such a good mommy and I love learning from some of the best like you, Cassie, Addie, and Jenny!
Post a Comment