Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Baby Girl is 3!

I can't believe that my baby girl is 3 years old! How time flies :( She had a great day. We went to HEB and she got to pick out whatever kind of cake she wanted me to make. And can you believe that she picked a pink cake with sprinkle icing?! Shocking I know! Then we met Grammy for lunch out and then just had a normal day.

Such a happy birthday girl!

But the fun really started once Daddy got home! Here she is wearing a present (her Rap-pa-unzel dress from Auntie Lisa) while opening presents from Mommy and Daddy.

And then for dinner, we met Mimi and Paw Paw at Chuck E Cheese's. It was her first time there since she was about 1. She was so excited!
Opening up another gift. What can I say, the girl loves clothes!


Playing some games with Daddy.


And singing Happy Birthday to my baby! She had such a great day!



And we had had her birthday party with Jack a few weeks before. We had it at Pump it Up and Joe and I were both on high alert for injuries.


Ally and Jack :) Thought it was cute :)



Mimi and Andrew. I think she held him the whole time!

Grammy had her hands full too- with Mia and Ethan





Lisa and Jack!

Evie, Joe and Izzie :)


Getting ready to sick happy birthday!
Man that is good cake!

The birthday prince and princess!


Isabella continues to make me laugh and smile more than anyone. She gives me the best cuddles and I love just cuddling up with her and reading a book or watching a show. She loves to dress up, Lord, does she love to dress up! She changes her clothes between real clothes and dress up clothes about 10 times a day. She definitely has an opinion about what she wants to wear and how she wants to wear her hair, which can sometimes be a challenge. She loves Disney princesses, dolls and anything pink. She LOVES watching me put on my make up. I set her on the counter and she just watches and hands me each item. A few weeks ago, I put some blush and some shimmery eyeshadow on her and man did she love it!
Isabella is still just as sassy as she is sweet :) She is a girl who knows what she wants and is quite persistent. I still just like to think that this just means that her strong personality will lead into her adulthood and she will be a strong woman, who won't take anything from anyone :) and sadly, she is still the biggest flirt. She says hi to random men all the time, "Hi, man!"
She still loves her teachers and going to school. She loves to role play and will often tell me, "Mommy, you Orange Blossom and I Lemon Meringue" and then we have a conversation in character. But we can be a number of different characters in a matter of just minutes. Actually, my favorite, and her most frequent choice, is when she says, "Mommy, you Mary Pat and I Evie"- our newest friends :) In fact, I think I've already been Mary Pat about 3 times today! She always assigns us all roles of characters from stories or shows, and I always think it's interesting that she always chooses the most feminine character to assign herself- ie Fuffa, Millie (UniZoomi), Dora, Fancy Nancy, etc.
She loves to sing and, her favorite, aside from Mamma Mia, is Taylor Swift. She asks to listen to the CD every time we get in the car. Except, she calls her Taylor Slipped, which is so much cuter :) She actually knows the words to several songs! She is also really anxious to start Ballet classes, but I am using that as a potty training bribe (way to long of a story to get into that one right now!) She acts out scenes from movies, and any time she is watching something and two people hug or kiss, she comes over to hug and kiss me.
She is still a pretty tiny little girl. Most 2T pants fall right down those skinny little legs after about 10 steps, but they are getting too short, so it makes for an interesting fashion statement. I'm interested to see how much she has grown at her 3 year appointment.
Isabella, my sweet, sweet girl. Being your mommy has been such a gift, and I don't know what I did to deserve you. I still look at you in awe, and even get a little teary eyed just by looking at your sweet face. Thank you for teaching me and challenging me, making me smile and laugh and dance and sing, and thank you for bringing light into my life every single day. God only knows what I'd be without you :) NEVER, NEVER, NEVER change. I hope you always know just how beautiful, inside and out, you are.
I love you all the way to the moon and back.
















3 comments:

Mary Pat said...

What a great post! I'm definitely going to follow your example with the detailed age updates...I'm thinking I'll start at 2 1/2 :)

I love that she assigns you to be me, and she's Evie! It's a good thing these girls are getting together soon...it's been too long!

Jenny said...

Goodness, goodness, what a very special, beautiful girl you have! That role playing bit is precious, I love that she changes her outfit 10 times a day, love that she kisses you when she sees someone else kissing AND I just know that your smart little girl will be going to ballet class in no time! Happy Birthday sweet Izzie!

Cassie said...

what a great post! and birthday!! there is so much to love!! too many comments to write them all down! all about that precious fun girl Izzy! Happy Birthday big girl!