Friday, May 18, 2012

Andrew is TWO

I'm a little behind on some posting, but I wanted to share pictures from my baby boy's 2nd birthday party! We had a Elmo party and had a wonderful time celebrating with family and friends. Here are a few of the decorations:



Opening a present

Party Peeps









Time for Cake!


We tried to do it outside...


but it was a bit windy.


I adore this boy.



Let's try again.


He's way done!



Some things about Andrew at 2:

-2 year check up he was 22 1/2 lbs and moved up to the 6%. Woo hoo!!
-Still loves the paci, but I try to only give it to him at night and naptime
-LOVES to sing and will sing the last word in the line and other words he is very familiar with: me, no (know), you get the idea
-He's starting to talk more, but not many of us understand him!
-He is obsessed with his Croc's- he wears them all day, even with his jammies- AND he loves wearing his jammies and would wear them all day if I let him
-He loves Lucky and calls him "Blue" like Joe does
-Calls Isabella "Bella", which is okay with her, but only for him
-He is great at saying "thank you" and "please" even unprompted, but is awful at saying "sorry". He pretends he can't say it
-He loves playing cars, and LOVES superheroes, calling them all "man-man"
-He has a "man-man" notebook that he carries with him everywhere.  We've gone through a couple, so if you see any at Target in the dollar section, pick them up for him :)
-He has some sharp little vampire teeth
-When he's really excited or into something he bites his bottom lip and kind of hops up and down- it's pretty cute
-Loves his sister so much. It's so great to see the buddies they have become.
-He's going through a hitting, pushing and headbutting phase (precious, I know) but I guess the upside is that he only does it to Izzie (it doesn't help that she laughs half the time)
-The guy always has crazy hair
-Calls all babies "babydoll" and has really shown a big interest in them
-Refuses to sit in his highchair now- big bummer because he really loved it for so long
-Finally enjoys reading books! Yay!
-Is always asking if food is hot, even when it's freezing cold!
-Just like Izzie, he loves to be outside
-He still loves to be held, ALL the time, and loves to cuddle with me. I really loves how much he still needs me
-I will randomly find him without his pants on. Just likes to take them off!
-Has been introduced to the time out spot, but only a few time (probably should have been more!)
-He's really good at making a mess, and usually good about helping clean it up
-Calls me "mommy" or "ma"

I'm sure I'm forgetting a million things I don't want to forget about him at this age, but I'll just edit :)

Andrew Dalton, I love you more and more every day. Your sweet smile and warm cuddles melt my heart. I am so thankful to have you and your sweetness in my life, and I am beyond blessed to be your mommy. Don't know what I did to deserve so much, but I'll gladly take it. I hope you always know how much your mommy loves and adores you.

3 comments:

The Barrons said...

So sweet Carla, I love that he is still such a cuddle bug! Great pics, thanks for sharing!!!:)

Mary Pat said...

Such a sweet post! I love the pictures of you and your little 2 year old (can't believe he's already 2!!) It was fun reading all about Andrew at this stage!

Cassie said...

such a cute cute party Carla! love the deco and adorable shirt!! Happy Birthday Andrew! You are something special! :)